Monday, December 17, 2012

The Actual Birthday

{This is officially the last of Micah's 3rd birthday posts.  I just want to remember what we did and how we celebrated her.}

The day after Micah's party was her birthday, and birthdays are a big deal in my book.  My parents always did a fantastic job of making sure we felt celebrated, loved, and special on our birthdays, and I really want to pass that on to my children.
We started the day by revealing her "big" present.  We sawed the legs off of an old table we had to make a table that is just her size.  She is really into coloring these days, so it was the perfect fit.
She was a fan.
IMG_1320
So was her brother :)
IMG_1324
We also began a new family tradition of birthday cake for breakfast.
IMG_1305
She got to be sung to again and loved it, again.
IMG_1339
IMG_1340
At lunch time, Chris and I took Micah on a special birthday date--just the three of us.  I totally loved doing this.  It was our special time to dote on Micah and focus all of our attention on her.  I'm hoping we can continue to do that with our children for many years.
She chose Double Dave's for lunch, so we enjoyed some pizza, pizza rolls, and Micah's favorite chocolate chip pizza.
IMG_1384
The annual BCS Christmas Parade just happened to be on Micah's birthday, so we scouted out a great spot and watched about half of the parade.
IMG_1394
Micah really loved dancing to the music.
IMG_1411
We ended Micah's birthday at church, which is seriously one of her favorite places.
I can hardly believe that my girl is three.  That three whole years have passed since the first time I held her in my arms and saw her beautiful face.  And, I'm pretty sure that I will remember that moment each year when we celebrate her birthday for the rest of my life.  
So thankful for the three years we've had and prayerful for the many more to come.

No comments: