Friday, December 7, 2012

He is 7

Today, our little boy in Ghana turned 7.
famous 
He probably doesn't even know that it is his birthday, but we celebrated for him.
Micah and I made chocolate chip cookies.
IMG_1420
IMG_1422
We sang "Happy Birthday" to him, and Micah blew out a candle on his behalf.
IMG_1424
But, all day, I've felt uneasy. And emotional.
Part of my heart is across the ocean, and today was his special day.  I ached to be with him and to celebrate with him.
That day is coming when he will be with us.
His 8th birthday will be one for the record books, that is for sure.
So, December 7 in the Fieldhouse was a day of celebration of the life of a sweet little boy that we claim as ours.  We celebrate the day he was born and that God created every part of him.
Happy Birthday, my boy.
 famous


No comments: