Thursday, December 20, 2012

Marathon

I don't write a lot about what Chris does on this blog, not necessarily because I don't want to but more because I feel like it is his story to tell.  However, there are times that I feel like I cannot possibly not mention it.  And, this is one of those times.
Last summer, Chris got one of his wild ideas that he should plan and bring a marathon + half marathon to Bryan/College Station.  Many people told him he was crazy (including me), and a lot of people doubted that he could pull it off.
But, guess what?  He did it, and it was amazing.  He (along with a couple of amazing friends) put together a quality race in which 1,500 (!!!) runners participated. It was awesome. And crazy. And busy. And stressful. But, we raised a lot of money for Mercy Project.
Fast forward to this year...Chris, along with a committee, organized and put on the Scott and White BCS Marathon + Half Marathon...year two...and 3,500 committed to running the race.
It was pretty much incredible.
start
My husband is a dreamer--a big dreamer.  It's a God given gift, and one of the ways in which the Lord is most alive in him. 
This gift reminds me that the Lord created all of us with dreams.  It also drives me crazy sometimes because his dreams are big and require lots of hard work, but it's also one of the reasons I love him. (Why does that always happen??)
The marathon was no exception.  It took a crazy amount of preparation.
I was so proud to watch my man and know that all of this was happening because he wasn't afraid to pursue a dream.  Because he wasn't afraid to be the dreamer that God created him to be.
It also doesn't hurt that a lot of money was raised for Mercy Project and two other local charities that benefit children.
Praise God!

No comments: