Saturday, April 3, 2010

twenty six

I turned 26 on Friday, and it was a pretty special day because it was the first time I got to celebrate a birthday as a mom. I have to say that I was kind of sad to say good-bye to 25. I mean, lots of great things happened in my 25th year of life...I found out I was pregnant. Chris and I went on an incredible vacation to Alaska. We started a nonprofit organization to rescue children in slavery. I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl ever, and my life got a million times richer. I get to stay home with that sweet thing every single day. It was truly a great year, and I was reminded over and over just how great God is and how incredible his love for me is. I just love the idea that he delights in me the same way {and even more} that I delight in Micah. So profound!

I, of course, was spoiled by my amazing husband, and he made every moment of my day special. He put a lot of thought into it, and he didn't disappoint. Of course, the highlight of my day was waking up to these two!

Shortly after, I received a super fun new toy!!!

I have been playing with it ever since. Who knew taking pictures could be so much fun?!?! You can be expecting a lot more in the future. I also got photoshop from my parents, so I will be learning how to make my pictures even more excellent {hopefully!}.

It was a great day and a good way to start the next year! Can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

No comments: