Wednesday, April 7, 2010

just a year ago...


It was just a year ago on April 5, 2009 that we found out that sweet Micah Elisabeth was on the way. I will never forget that day for the rest of my life. So many emotions all at once, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those TWO pink lines!!!

We had waited quite some time to see those little lines, and we were ecstatic. We couldn't wait to share our good news. I had no idea just how incredibly my world would be rocked in the next year. Micah is the biggest blessing, and sometimes I still can't believe that God has given me the privilege of being a mommy. What a true gift it is to experience love like this. That little chubby face is the most precious thing ever, and my heart is just so full. It seemed like the day would never come when I got to see those two pink lines, and then it seemed like the day would never come when our sweet baby would be here. How life has changed in the past year, and I am loving it! What a great day that was in early April, but this beautiful face makes these early April days even better!!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

what a wonderful thing to be able to look at her adorableness and be reminded of God's prefect timing and love in our lives! we're very happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I will always remember the two of you with your "messages" about the new pregnancy. We were all so thrilled. And now that we have our little Micah, in all her preciousness, we just couldn't be happier. God is great! See you soon!
Grandmommy