Tuesday, April 27, 2010

don't want to forget

I really don't want to forget these sweet times with my baby girl.

I don't want to forget the way her whole face lights up when she smiles.

I don't want to forget her precious chubby cheeks or her sweet little hands.

I don't want to forget her adorable voice and how she talks to me all day long.

I don't want to forget the little ring of hair that is missing all the way around her head.

I don't want to forget the way she tries so hard to laugh that she can't get it out, and sometimes it sounds like a scream.

I don't want to forget holding her in my arms while she sleeps.

I don't want to forget the way she reaches out her hands and grabs my face when I am holding her.

I don't want to forget the way she smiles almost instantly when she sees me walk into the room.

I don't want to forget how she smiles so big that she can't stay still.

I don't want to forget how much she adores her daddy and how she is already flirting with him with those big smiles.

I don't want to forget how hard she works to blow those little raspberries back at me.

I don't want to forget the way she smiles at Wrigley every time she sees him.

I don't want to forget the way she makes me feel love like I never knew possible.

I just really don't want to forget...

Thank you, sweet Lord, for these blessed moments. Thank you for loving me like I love her and for cherishing the small things that I do just like I cherish her.

2 comments:

Angela said...

So, so sweet. Brought a big smile to my face! :) And I can tell you as a momma, you don't forget...and the things that make you remember even more are seeing another precious baby (even when your "baby" is 5..)and thinking back to those days!

It was so great to see y'all and spend time together last week! We will plan to come up one weekend soon!

Love you!
Angela

Mom & Mimi said...

Oh honey, what a great Mommy you are! You won't forget because you've committed to journaling and to taking lots of pictures so you'll always be able to re-visit these moments and one day Micah will too!
I love you!
Mom~Mimi