Wednesday, August 5, 2009

our little dancing queen

Last night was a big night in our house because Chris felt our little girl moving for the first time!  For a couple of weeks, I have tried to catch her in action and grab Chris's hand to place on my stomach, but she always decided to be ornery and stop.  But, not last night!  I could tell she was really on the move, so I took the opportunity to let her daddy join in on the amazing-ness that it is.  He was like a little kid and couldn't believe it.  He couldn't stop smiling and got super giddy.  I love it!  I teared up a little bit, and it just made me even more excited to see him with his little girl.  So, needless to say, we had a great night, and week 22 started off with a bang!  Here is a picture of me and the little lady from yesterday:


Last week, we were at Camp of the Hills with 3 boys and Gretchen, doing some work for them.  The boys worked really hard moving rocks and cleaning/organizing a lot of places that were in desperate need of some help!  Gretchen and I spent our time with Granny Field in the office, helping her out.  It is always a blessing to spend time with Granny, and I am always convicted by her selflessness.  We enjoyed our time out there, but it reminded me that I am definitely getting older :)  Here is a picture of the boys with their pile of rocks. {By the way, these boys are hilarious, and I laughed quite a lot last week.  It was good for the soul.}



We have started working on sweet girl's nursery, and I love it! I will post pictures of our progress soon. Make sure to scroll down and check out the Ghana post! Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Awwww! Thanks for putting a BIG smile on my face!! Special moments. : ) Feeling that first movement is pretty amazing isn't it Daddy??
lv u 2