Saturday, August 29, 2009

home sweet home

Chris and I have spent a lot of time away from each other and away from home during the month of August. As of yesterday, we are officially done with traveling for a while, and we are definitely done with separate travels for a LONG time. Chris was in Rochester Hills, Michigan last week where he began a program to earn his Masters in Missional Leadership. He spent last weekend in a retreat getting to know the other participants in the program, and during the week, he was in class from 8-5 every day! He was sure ready to be done with class, but he had a great week and enjoyed what he was learning.

While he was gone, Wrigley and I packed up and headed down to College Station to stay with my parents and visit some family and friends. I was not a good photographer and didn't take a single picture. I know, it's terrible, but I was just enjoying my time and not worried about getting pictures. Although, now I wish I had some. Here is a little of what I did while I was there:

*Spent time with my mom and dad
*Enjoyed quality time with Sandy & Ashley Payne at McDonald's...love them!
*Visited with Jamie Bomnskie and got to see 2 of her 3 precious kiddos
*Shared a meal with my aunt and uncle and enjoyed seeing them
*Visited with my in-laws over dinner...I am so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family!
*Went to Kemp to visit my former students and co-workers and had the best time! I sure do miss them and am so thankful for my time there.
*Spent great time with my sweet friend Angela...she's one of those friends that I could always spend hours with.
*Went to Houston to visit my sister and Meghan. They made a fabulous meal, and we had lots of fun!

I had a great week and was able to see lots of great friends and family. We have been so blessed to have many incredible friendships. I was very thankful for the opportunity to visit, but I am so glad to be home with my sweet husband. We are ready to settle in here and find our "normal." And, I can't believe it is almost September. Where did the time go?! Enjoy your Saturday, and be blessed.

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Lucky lucky me...2 out of 3 weeks I was able to spend with our baby girl & our granddaughter!!
lv u