Sunday, January 1, 2012

Seven Whole Years

Today is our seventh anniversary.
Seven whole years since I stood at the altar and said I do to my forever love.
Seven years has brought a whole lot of lessons and a whole lot of love.
We were just kids, and we've kind of grown up together.
 
Marriage is a true gift. 
It is one of the greatest gifts because it doesn't stop giving the moment you open it.  The goodness and excitement isn't over after you exchange vows and rings and walk back down the aisle hand in hand.
Marriage just keeps on giving.  And sometimes the giving is hard.  It challenges you and forces you to be selfless and to give in return.  It reveals your weaknesses and sheds light on your inadequacies. It's tough.
But, it's also the most wonderful journey.  It means there is someone with you every step of the rocky road.  It brings someone to share in your joys and in your sufferings.  It means that you aren't ALWAYS the one giving, but that many times you get to receive.
In a world where marriage and love are often just seen as conveniences and not lasting, I am thankful to be with a man who is with me through it all, who believes that I am someone worth fighting for, who encourages me to be better than I think I can be, and who I know will stick with me for the long haul, warts and all.
So, here's to the best seven years of my life with the most amazing person I've ever met. I can't wait for the next seven.  Thank you, Chris Field, for showing me that the fairy-tale, always and forever, happily ever after love still does exist.  I'm proud to be yours.  I love you.

No comments: