Monday, January 16, 2012

Five Months




Beckett,

Oh little mister, you are too precious for words. I seriously don't know how it would be possible for you to get any sweeter, but somehow you just keep managing to make it happen. You have me wrapped around your little finger, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know I say this every month, but time is just flying by. I can hardly believe that you are already five months old, but it has been such an amazing five months of knowing and loving you, my sweet boy. I could not be more thankful to be your mommy and to experience life with you as you grow, learn, and discover. I am blessed.


I love watching as your little personality continues to develop and come out. You are as sweet and happy as we predicted you would be. You are almost always content to be wherever someone has put you {bouncy seat, playmat, blanket} and just watch what is going on around you. If we look your way, you will flash us the most precious gummy grin. You make me stop in my tracks and melt my heart multiple times a day with that smile. I pray that you always have a content, joyful spirit. Your favorite place to be is in our arms, and I love to snuggle you, my little cuddle bug.


You discovered how to roll both directions, tummy to back and back to tummy. So you are now on the move. You crack me up because once you get going, you are unstoppable! You are totally fine with tummy time too and are becoming really good at it. You are trying to figure out how to make yourself move and can get those feet kicking trying to will yourself forward. You have managed to scoot a couple of times, but your specialty is spinning in circles :) It is okay if it takes you a little while to learn to crawl. I don't mind carrying you :)


This month you also learned to love your feet! It is just the sweetest thing. Anytime you are on your back, you want those little feet in your hands and really want them in your mouth. This makes changing your diaper a little more difficult! Almost every time I come to get you from a nap, you are holding your toes and flash me a sweet smile. Little love. You are also fascinated by toys now and will follow them with your eyes and always try so hard to get your hands on them. It is so fun to watch the discovery process. You absolutely love your voice, and so do we. Once you get going, you are hard to stop! You will talk and talk and then smile so big when we look at you. You also found a new scream, but you don't use it when you are upset, just when you are hanging out. It's pretty hilarious...for now :)


Sleeping has not been your strong suit this month. You were doing so great and were only waking up once a night to eat, but all of a sudden, you decided you wanted mommy's company more. As much as I love you and seeing you at all hours of the day and night, I also love my sleep. Your naps haven't been so great either, so I am thinking sleep training may be in your near future. You got your first cold this month, so maybe that is the culprit. I know we will all be happier when we are better rested. But, you are worth it!


You absolutely adore your big sister and are always smiling at her and laughing when she talks and sings to you. I love that you two will always be so close in age, and I pray that you will love one another deeply and be great sources of joy and encouragement for each other. I hope she always brings a smile to your face and is someone you will look up to. I hope you will grow to be someone she can look up to as well.


We love you so much, precious Beckett. You bring so much to our family, and we could not be more thankful for you. Everywhere we go, people comment about how sweet and happy you are, and we are so grateful for the constant reminders of how blessed we are by you. Your daddy and I pray for you always. We dream and wonder who you will become, and we hope that the Lord dominates your life. I pray that you are a dreamer like your daddy and will confidently pursue the Lord's calling in your life, just like he has. You have such an amazing example of a man who is following Jesus, and I am so thankful for that. You are a miracle and a dream come true, sweet boy. Happy five months, Beckett Lucas.


I love you, to the moon and back.
Your Mommy

No comments: