Friday, January 20, 2012

Life

Does anyone else ever feel so busy and overwhelmed, and then you look around and realize that this is just how life is? I feel like that's where I am right now. I have been waiting for life to slow down and return to "normal" for more than a month now, and what I am finally realizing is that I need to take a deep breath and accept that this is just our new normal. We are busy, and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that the Lord is using this season to remind me that I need to be content with where I am, where my family is. That is definitely a struggle of mine.

So, here's a little of our busy-ness over the past month or so.
-Chris organized and directed the inaugural BCS Marathon + Half Marathon on December 11, and it was an unbelievable success. We ate, breathed, and slept marathon for a long time in this house, but we ultimately raised $72,000 for Mercy Project and another local non-profit...praise God! It was a crazy time.
-The day after Christmas, Micah climbed out of the pack and play for the first time. This was followed a couple of days later by her climbing out of her crib. So, we figured it was time for the big girl bed. Let's just say this transition has been no piece of cake. We have been tired. She has been tired. But I think we are finally settling in.
-Chris and I celebrated 7 fantastic and blessed years of marriage with a little overnight stay-cation. My parents kept both kids, and we had an amazing time! Great conversation, a movie, delicious food, being with my love, and sleeping ALL night long! Amazing!
-Chris went to Ghana for a week at the beginning of the month. We have hired a Ghanian to work for Mercy Project, and we have visited with some prospective villages to begin more economic development projects. God is doing great things. We are trying to wait well but are deeply hoping that 2012 brings our first group of rescued kids. Cannot wait for that day.
-Beckett got his first cold. So sad. I hate having sick kiddos. We got extra cuddle time, especially in the night. He has now lost his ability to sleep well at night, and we are waking up between 3-6 times each night. It is the flavor of the month...you never know what it's going to be. It is getting better though.

So, there you have it. Just some of what has been occupying our time, and that doesn't include the ordinary day to day stuff that comes with running your own non-profit and keeping up with a busy 2 year old and a 5 month old. Oh, and I decided I want to makeover my living room without buying hardly anything. I'm excited for a change, but I have no idea when or how I'm going to make it happen. But, I will make it happen.

Never a dull moment at the Fieldhouse. But, in the midst of the chaos and busyness, we are well-fed, healthy, happy, and in love with one another and the Lord. And, at the end of the day, that's all that matters.


No comments: