Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Living With Purpose In 2011

I honestly have mixed feelings about New Year's Resolutions. I like them because I really love the idea of getting a fresh start and getting priorities in order. I like that it makes me focus on what I want to do better or how I can be better. What I really don't like is that I never keep them. Not only do I not stick with them for a whole year, but I am doing amazingly well if I even keep them for the month of January. It's sad but so, so true.
I like to make goals for myself, but I generally do better with short term goals. I tend to get overwhelmed by the long term. {thankfully, I married a man who balances me very well!}

I have come up with a few short term goals for myself that I will share later, but I was inspired by fellow bloggers and a radio station to choose a word that I want to live by in 2012. I feel like one word really simplifies things, and it will help me not to get bogged down by failing at keeping my resolutions. However, coming up with one word was definitely a bit difficult. I prayed about it, thought about it, and I finally settled on this: PURPOSE.
I want 2012 to be a year of purpose for me in many aspects. I want my days to be purposeful. I want my time with my children to be full of purpose and not just obligation or because it's "my job." I want to use my time purposefully and intentionally. I am good at wasting time, but I want to be better at making sure that the things I spend my time doing have a purpose. I want to be purposeful as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
I also want to live into the Lord's purpose for my life and my family's life. It's easy to go about my daily life without giving it a thought as to what the Lord intends for me. I really want to commit to doing better about living intentionally for the Lord.
So, there it is. I want to live with purpose in 2012. Blessings to all of you as you start fresh this year.

No comments: