Tuesday, August 23, 2011

one week

Beckett is one week old today.  It is seriously hard to believe that it has been a week since we were in the hospital and first laid eyes on our sweet boy, but our lives definitely feel more complete now with him here.
I have so many things I want to post about, including the story of Beckett's entrance into the world and sibling love, but to be honest, blogging is not at the top of my list of priorities right now {or even close}. 

For now, we are just loving getting to know this precious little man.
He is seriously the sweetest baby.  
He rarely cries, and when he does, he is easily soothed.  
He is an amazing eater, just like his big sister.
He sleeps well and doesn't require being held to fall asleep, which is completely new for us!
He loves his swing and is becoming more of a fan of his bouncy seat.
He will just lay wide awake and take in what he can see of the world around him.
He is gassy.  Really, really gassy.  But, it never upsets him.
We are in love with this little guy.  How could you not be?
And, his big sister is pretty smitten with him too.
She loves to give him kisses every time she sees him.
Makes this momma smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they so adorable! I am so proud of my new grandson. What a handsome little man he is!

Grand mommy/MomMom
Xoxoxo

lindsey said...

Wow! This is just precious. I love those babies so much!! Can't wait to hold that sweet Beckett boy again soon. What a doll baby. Love you all. LeeLee

Mom & Mimi said...

This definitely ends my day perfectly! You know, sometimes I'm just at a loss for words when it comes to our grandbabies. I mean how incredibly handsome/beautiful is Beckett and what a loving moment between Micah and Beckett. To think this is only the beginning...awww...
my heart smiles!

i love you all!
mom/mimi