Saturday, August 13, 2011

dear Micah...

My sweet girl, you bring me so much joy! The moment you were born I fell in love with you, but I had no idea how much that love would grow every day since. Now, as I think about you becoming a big sister, I am filled with so many emotions, and I am certain that watching you in that role will make my love increase even more.

When we first found out we were going to have another baby, I was a little sad. Not because we were having another baby because I always knew I wanted you to have siblings but because I realized you wouldn't be my only baby anymore. I knew that the time with just you was going to be over soon, and I wasn't sure I was ready for that. I love being with you, and I have loved being able to give you every bit of my attention. So, in some ways, I had to grieve the loss of you as my only baby.

But, in God's goodness and faithfulness, He has quickly given me glimpses of how wonderful it will be to see you as a big sister. You love to play with your friends and have come to really desire that companionship. You get so excited when your cousin, Cade, comes over to play. I can so easily see God's provision in developing that desire in you, and it just shows me how much you are going to love having a built in playmate in your little brother.

You have always loved babies, and you are so sweet with them. I have always melted at this quality in you. Lately, you have taken a much bigger interest in your brother that is growing in my belly. You always want to say hi to him and give him hugs and kisses. You will rub my belly and tell him you love him. You already want to share your snacks with him too :) Those are the sweetest moments of my day.

I know you will be an amazing big sister. I have no doubt that you will adore your baby brother and that you will want to play with, hold, love on, hug, and kiss him all the time! My prayer for you, Micah, is that you will have a great friendship with your little brother that will last your lifetime. I pray that the Lord will bless you during this time of transition with joy for the sweet guy entering our home and that He will fill you with peace when you are uncertain about this baby taking some of your mommy and daddy's attention. We know that your baby brother will enrich your life in ways that we never could, and we are so thankful for that.

You are my first baby, and I have loved being able to spend every moment soaking it up. But, I am so excited to share you with your brother. I know you will bless him just as you've blessed your daddy and me. You are one special and precious little girl. I am so thankful for you! I am so thankful that you get to be a sister soon. Get ready :)

I love you to the moon and back!
Your Momma



1 comment:

Jim Webb said...

As I read my "little girl write a letter to her little girl" I couldn't help but get sentimental and very proud of both of you. Your touching ways and heartfelt words and your ability to put them down and share them with us is a gift! You are my special daughter and I love you very much!