Wednesday, August 10, 2011

all things baby boy

We are really getting close to our sweet little man's arrival, and we couldn't be more excited.
With both this baby and with Micah, turning the calendar to the "birth" month is so surreal.  Getting to August was quite monumental, and it is the month we've been planning for and dreaming about since before Christmas.  I cannot believe that it is actually here, and that in less than 2 weeks, I should be holding our precious son.  What a gift.

Things are still going well with this pregnancy.  I am beyond thankful for the ease with which I carry babies.  I definitely take it for granted sometimes, but I am trying to really thank God for His goodness to me in that.  It is hot, sure, and people ask me at least once a day how in the world I am surviving the heat.
The answer that usually goes through my head is, "the same way you are surviving it, I guess..."
I mean, honestly, what choice do I have?  I stay inside as much as I can, and I try to drink LOTS and LOTS of water.  But, it's truly not that bad.  There are many women who have serious complications when they are pregnant, so if the worst thing that happens to me is that I'm in my third trimester during almost the hottest summer ever, I'll take it.
This belly is getting bigger by the day, and it feels like it's stretched as far as it can go.  Almost every time this sweet baby moves, I can see it across my tummy.  
I can't wait to kiss each one of those toes and fingers.
We have been doing weekly doctor's appointments for a couple of weeks now, and there is really nothing to report.  No progress here.
I am honestly not disappointed.  I know that he will come when the time is right.
And, I was making progress with Micah at 35 weeks, which sounds glorious, except that she stayed put for a month longer.  So, I don't put too much stock in progress.
The thing I love about going to the doctor so much is that we get to hear his heart beating away every time and find out that he's doing great.  LOVE that!  I go back on Monday, and we get to have an ultrasound to check his size.  I can't wait to see him all smushed up on the screen.  I wonder so many things about him.  Will he have chubby cheeks and a big belly like his sister?  Will he have lots of hair or just a little peach fuzz?  I cannot wait to learn more about this little mister that God is creating in my belly.  Such a blessing!


In other baby news...the nursery is complete!!!  We went with a vintage theme...old cars, trucks, tricycles, license plates, sports, etc.  We love it and feel like it is perfect for our little man.  
Let me introduce it to you...
{view from the door...I am in love with the radio flyer tricycle.}
 {view from the other side of the room.  the glider was micah's, and it is the best.  i have spent many hours rocking in it, and i'm looking forward to more.  the boppy cover was made by my mom...i love it.}
 {baby boy's life verse}
 {his crib...i love the simple, clean bedding.  his mimi made the quilt.  his uncle chris and daddy put together and hung the model airplanes.  the "b" is just a b...maybe his initial, maybe not :)}
 {love the license plate wall!  we have his name on a board in license plate letters that we will hang once he gets here.  the two outfits hanging from the bat are chris's from when he was a baby.}
 {dresser with micah's changing pad transferred over.  love the old signs we found.}
We were pleased with how it turned out.  Our sweet baby boy will make it complete!!!
We are praying for patience to wait well for our son to join our family.  We are also praying for a smooth labor and delivery and a healthy boy.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ahhh... the room turned out SO cute! Love the airplanes and matching quilt. Hang tough, friend; he'll be here soon!