Monday, August 15, 2011

a letter to my baby boy

Dear precious son,

On the eve of your birth, I am filled with so many emotions. Mostly I am just so excited to meet you! It seems like just yesterday we found out you were growing in my belly, and now we are just hours away from laying our eyes and hands on you for the first time. We are already delighted to call you our son, and we know that God has great plans for you.

It has been such a wonderful journey carrying you in my tummy. Even though our beginning was a little rough, I have loved every moment of getting to "know" you these past 39 weeks. Your daddy and I could not have been more thrilled to see the little positive mark that told us our family would be growing again. You were such a wonderful early Christmas gift. I don't think we will ever be able to top that news. Your grandparents and aunts and uncles were already beside themselves with excitement at the thought of you.

As the weeks went on and I began to feel better, my belly began to grow too. That is one of my favorite parts of carrying you is seeing you and feeling you grow inside of me. I love when people ask me about you, and I am already so proud of you, my sweet son. The day we finally found out that you were indeed a boy was such a fun day. I immediately began dreaming about all the blue :) And, your daddy and I began dreaming about the boy and man you would be become.

Then, my favorite part of pregnancy came...feeling you roll and kick all the time. You are much less active than your big sister, but I have loved your more gentle movements. I love knowing you are growing and getting stronger. I cannot wait to see and kiss those little toes and fingers that I have been feeling for 20+ weeks.

I am so very excited for you to meet your big sister. She is so excited to give you a hug and kiss, and I know you will love her. She will love you too. I am excited for the friendship you to will have, and I am praying already for the bond that will form between the two of you. I know you will love playing together and encouraging one another in life and in the Lord. She will be such an amazing blessing in your life as you will be in hers.

My sweet boy, we have prayed for you every single night since the day we knew you were being knit together inside of me. Our greatest prayer for you is that you would live an anointed life, full of the Spirit, and bringing the kingdom of God with you wherever you go. I will be sad not to carry you inside of me anymore, but I cannot wait to see your sweet face and get to know your little personality. Your daddy and I are so excited to meet you. Happy birth day eve, my little lovey.

I love you to the moon and back!
Your Momma



No comments: