Monday, April 11, 2011

praying God's word for week 15

As I prayed through 1 Samuel 2:2 this week, I was reminded of who God is, and that His holiness and strength are unchanging.  I find that a hard concept to grasp because, even when we have great intentions, we let each other down and often back out on our word.  But, in this verse, Hannah declares that there is NO ONE like our God, and that He is completely faithful, strong, mighty, and holy.  It was a great encouragement this week of the kind of amazing God that we serve.

For the next two weeks, I will be spending my time on this verse:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

I am hopeful that the next week or so will bring a lot of rest and renewal to my spirit and to our little family.  We've had some crazy busyness taking place around here {all for good}, and I think we need a little rest.  Not just physical rest but deep, spiritual rest.  That is my prayer for the next 2 weeks.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

love you.