Wednesday, November 17, 2010

we've moved

For those of you who don't know, our family of 3 moved from Rowlett to College Station on October 24.  We have not yet sold our house in Rowlett, but we were graciously given the opportunity to go ahead and move into the house that we will buy once our house sells.  {Prayers for the perfect buyers to come SOON are welcome!}

As we prepared to say goodbye to that house, my mind was flooded with moments from our time there. Here are just some of the many memories I will always cherish from 7314 Centenary Drive:

*This was the home that got a very large labor of love from Chris, me, his uncle Randy, and many other friends and family as we made it perfect for us.
*I carried Micah in my belly, and she developed and grew inside of me for 9 months.
*We shared many meals and great conversations in the rooms of this home.
*We had the most incredible neighbors ever.  Seriously, they are amazing!  It's not often that you have multiple neighbors that you would consider great friends and whose doors you can knock on anytime you need them.
*We brought our firstborn child home in this house.
*I spent countless hours in that rocking chair in her nursery, just holding my sweet child. And snuggling up in blankets with her when it was cold!
*Micah smiled for the first time, laughed for the first time, sat up for the first time, learned to crawl, stand, and cruise in that house.

As I sat rocking Micah for the last time in her very first room, I got a little teary.  We are so thankful to be close to family, but that house in Rowlett will always be near to my heart.  It holds many memories of Micah's first year of life, and it's the house in which I learned a deeper meaning of love.  I know that a house is just a "thing," but the memories made while living there are what makes it a home.  I will never forget that home for many reasons, and I cannot wait until Chris and I get to tell Micah all about the things we did together there.

No comments: