Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so many things for which to be thankful.
I am thankful for the best husband in the world.  He serves, respects, and loves me like I could never have imagined.  And, on top of that, he is an incredible father.
I am thankful for my precious daughter.  She is the most amazing miracle I have ever been a part of, and my life is about a million times richer because of her.
I am thankful for my family.  I have an awesome family who is always there for each other and can be real together.  I love that.
I am thankful for Chris's family.  They don't feel like in-laws and treat me like I am one of them.  I couldn't ask for a better family to have married into.
I am thankful for my sweet friends.
I am thankful for Mercy Project and the purpose it has given to me and my family and many others.

I am thankful for so many things today.  I have been able to really reflect on the blessings in my life this year like I never have before.  In the midst of a lot of craziness in our house the last week {we put on a Turkey Trot 5k and 1 mile fun run today to benefit Mercy Project and had 450 runners...crazy goodness!}, God has really spoken to my heart in powerful ways about all the many ways in which he has provided so unbelievably for me.  I really hope that this spirit of thankfulness doesn't disappear with the holiday, and I hope that the Lord will continue to convict me of my ungrateful spirit.  My prayer for myself is the same prayer I prayed over Micah last night and that is that Thanksgiving would not be one of the few times a year that we take time to be thankful.  My prayer is that we would be a family that consistently reminds one another of all the ways we are so blessed. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I hope today was a blessed day and a reminder of the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

i love this post!!! it was wonderful to see you all over the holiday! i am so thankful for all 3 of you. love you very much!!