Friday, January 1, 2010

five years

Today Chris and I celebrate five years of being married. It is hard to believe that five years ago we committed our lives to one another in marriage, and even crazier to think that our journey began 9 years ago!

Sweet love,
I never believed that I could love you any more than I did when we exchanged vows five years ago, but I know for certain that I am more in love with you today than I ever thought possible. You never cease to amaze me with your desire to love and serve me. You are a better husband than I could have ever dreamed, and I am so grateful for the ways you serve, honor, and love me. Our five years have taken us lots of places, and we have done lots of things {some of them fun, some of them not so much :)}. We have been through so many things that have only brought us closer, and I am thankful for the fact that you choose every day to work hard at this thing called marriage. The end of this first five years has brought us the greatest gift ever...Micah Elisabeth. You are the best daddy, and I love watching you love her. I cannot imagine being on this journey with anyone but you. You are my best friend, and you know me better than anyone else. Thanks for sharing your life with me. It's been the best five years ever, and I can't wait for the rest of my life with you. Here's to getting old together and loving every minute of it.

I love you...like a million :)

No comments: