Saturday, January 2, 2010

one month

Micah is one month old today. It is unbelievable to me that one month ago, I met this sweet girl for the first time just hours before. She has changed my world in incredible ways, and I have experienced emotions that I never knew possible. I am beyond thankful for this gift, and I am amazed at the ways that God has expanded my heart to love this precious child.

Micah Elisabeth,

Today you are one month old! I can hardly believe that I only held you for the first time one month ago. In some ways, this month has flown by, but in others, I cannot remember not knowing your sweet face or kissing your little hands. You have made my life a million times richer, and I cherish every moment I spend holding you, rocking you, soothing you, and singing to you.

This first month of your life has brought you many firsts! You saw your house for the first time, met Wrigley, and met lots of family. You got your first bath, and you still are not a big fan of those! You went on your first outing to dinner and went to church for the first time. Everyone at Heritage loves you and thinks you're precious, and your daddy and I couldn't agree more. You experienced pain for the first time when you started having acid reflux. That pitiful scream was the worst sound to this mommy's ears, but now that you have your medicine, you are much happier! You went on your first walk in your stroller and your first car ride...and you LOVE both!!! You had your first Christmas {more to come on that later} and were spoiled rotten by all your sweet family. You rang in the New Year and smiled at daddy for the first time yesterday! We didn't get a picture, but we were beside ourselves with excitement. I got my first real big smile today, and I am thrilled to start seeing it more.

You are growing a lot, and I think you may be out of your newborn clothes soon. I will miss these sweet, snuggly days, and I am just soaking up every moment of cuddling with you. I have loved every moment of being your mommy this first month, and I know it is just going to get better and better. I love hearing all your little squeaks and grunts, and your little {or big...you've got some lungs, sweet pea!} cry is even precious to me. You love your bouncy seat, which is where you {sometimes} sleep at night, and you are starting to enjoy your swing more and more. My favorite time of day with you is in the {early} morning because you are so happy and will just lay on your blanket and stare at us for a long time! You enjoy your pacifier, and you love to go to sleep on our chests. Those are some of the sweetest moments with you.

I sometimes still can't believe that you are mine, but I just revel in the beauty of it all. I have fallen more in love with you in the past month than I ever thought possible. You are my sunshine. Happy one month, Micah Elisabeth!

I love you, to the moon and all the way back!
Mommy

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Stacey,
You are the best Mommy!
Micah you are Mimi's little angel.
I love you both!