Tuesday, January 19, 2010

run, run, rudolph...

On Sunday, Chris ran the Houston Chevron Marathon. This was his 9th marathon, but it was extra special because it was the first time he has completed a marathon as a daddy! We had planned to go to College Station on Friday morning to visit {and I got a MUCH needed haircut!}, but Chris thought it would be fun to surprise our families and get there on Thursday evening. We enjoyed fun time with both of our families, got to go to one of Joanna's basketball games, and visited my old school and had fun introducing Micah to some very special people and children there.

We left for Houston on Saturday afternoon, and Chris's mom went with us to help me find my way around the next day and give me a hand with Micah. We checked into our {very} nice hotel, went to the expo to get the race packet and a few necessities, and enjoyed a pasta dinner with some friends. The marathon went very well, all things considered {a serious lack of traning on Chris's part}, and I was super proud of my husband. Other than our car being blocked in at our hotel and missing our chance to see Chris at mile 13, Holly and I were successful at navigating our way around Houston, blocked roads and all. Many thanks to our trusty GPS.
Our famiy of 3 after the marathon...doesn't Chris look amazing for having just run 26.2 miles?!?

This is how Micah felt the next morning...those marathons are exhausting for a 6 1/2 week old!

We had a great time and are settling back in around here. We've done lots of traveling in the past few weeks, and I am looking forward to getting back into a routine at home. Micah is a very good traveler, but we all come home wiped out after being gone for a few days! I hope that a normal schedule will mean more regular blogging to come. I have lots to catch up on...particularly pictures of our sweet pea who is getting cuter by the day.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures! Hope you all are almost recovered from our Marathon trip, I think have. I LOVED being with the 3 of you. Miss you all!...............Holly/mom

Angela said...

The pictures of Micah are adorable!!! She is really growing! It was great to see y'all last week. Love you!

Katie said...

Stacey,
She is soooo cute! Love love her and can't wait to meet her!!
Hopefully I'll see you guys before April! If not, then can't wait to see you at the kickball game!! :)