Monday, January 11, 2010

Human Trafficking Awareness Day

Today is Human Trafficking Awareness Day. Around the world, there are 27 million people in slavery. 27 million people. That is unfathomable to me. The thought of slavery is beyond my comprehension, and to think that it is still happening today is just unbelievable. What is totally appalling to me is that so many of these people are CHILDREN! Little 5 and 6 year old children working 100 hours a week, being trafficked to other countries, and being treated with no love or compassion. It breaks my heart to think about these children growing up and never experiencing the love of a mom or dad, let alone the love of God.

Chris and I have committed to making a difference in the lives of these trafficked and slave children. Please consider what you can do to help. Check out www.mercyproject.net for more information on ways to get involved, particularly with rescuing slave children in Ghana, West Africa.

My prayer is that God will use my family to bring hope to these children and give us boldness to reach out and rescue them. Until then, I pray that God will protect them and be near to them like only He can. Please join me in that prayer today.

No comments: