Friday, April 5, 2013

Sister, Sister

Back on March 22, we celebrated my big sister's 31st birthday.
Her birthday is one of my favorite days because she is one of my favorite people.  I've never known a single day of life without her, and I am so thankful for that.  
For 29 years, she has been with me, and because we have seen and experienced so many things together, we are bonded forever.  We became best friends in high school, and although we have had some ups and downs since, she is still one of my best friends.  
We celebrated on her actual day at our house with a little finger food dinner and one big cupcake.
IMG_2258IMG_2253
IMG_2261
The next night, several of Lindsey's friends came into town, and we all went out for Mexican food to celebrate her life.  She is loved.
IMG_2276
IMG_2277
IMG_2278
IMG_2282
IMG_2283
IMG_2285
IMG_2287
IMG_2303
Her birth day is always special to me, and I am seriously grateful for the ways the Lord created her and gifted her.  But, this birthday was even more special because after living with us for 6 1/2 months, she was about to move to New York City just 2 weeks after.  
IMG_2571
The past 6 1/2 months have been just so sweet.  Lindsey has been able to love on my kids, and they have eagerly received love from their LeeLee.  She and Micah shared a room, and they became buddies.  Beckett would call for LeeLee each morning while he got his diaper changed.
IMG_2559
Lindsey has worked so hard to become healthy in all ways, and I could not be more proud of her.
We are so excited for her new adventure, but we are pretty sad for us.
We really miss her around her, but we have so many wonderful memories that we will cherish for always from the time that she lived with us.
Filled with hope and love for this special lady.
IMG_2566

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love this sweet post. And I love all of you so much. The last 6 months have been indescribably precious to me. Miss all of you. Thank you for always loving and supporting me!!! Xoxo