Friday, March 29, 2013

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

photo-40
As part of the BCS Marathon Race Series, there is a women-only 5k, appropriately named "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." So, of course, we had to take part.
The race team created such a fun atmosphere, and the race was complete with a costume contest, roses for every finisher, gatorade in plastic champagne glasses, chocolate fountains, and delicious desserts from a great restaurant in town.  Throw in the fact that it was all girls, and who could say no?!??
My mom, sister, some friends, and I dressed up in our best 80s garb and came ready to run/walk and have some fun.
 photo-41
photo-42
Micah also came along for the ride.
photo(21)
It really was a great race.  It was a little chilly and windy before the start, but it was a great time.  Pushing Micah for 3.1 miles (which I had NEVER done before) gave me a really excellent workout...probably a better workout than I was looking for!
Lindsey and I ran/walked together.  It was fun, and I was super proud of her for all the fitness she has gained.  I was a little proud of myself for keeping up and not leaving Micah in the stroller on the sidewalk to come back for her later :)
We finished and had lots of fun.  What more could you ask for?!?  We are already looking forward to next year.

No comments: