Friday, April 12, 2013

29...better than ever!

If you know me or have read this little blog for very long, you know that I love birthdays.  I always have.  
Then I became a mom.
And the whole idea just kind of exploded in my heart.  I love celebrating people and who they are and who God created them to be.  I love celebrating that on the day that they were ushered into this world.
My sweet husband knows this about me, and because he loves me so well, he always makes a big thing out of my birthday in all the perfect ways for me.  I don't love big parties and lots of attention, but what I do love are thoughtful moments that combine to make the day special.
If this year is anything like my birthday, I am in for the best one yet.
It all began with an amazing dinner at our favorite "super special occasion" restaurants.
Then, Chris surprised me with an overnight stay at a little cabin, about 10 minutes from our house, at a place called 7-F Lodge.
  It was a little piece of heaven. Good conversation without being interrupted. Beautiful scenery. Wine and strawberries. The Les Miserables soundtrack. Amazing.
So, we retreated and relaxed, and that was only the beginning.
Breakfast basket in our cabin with lots of goodies...I couldn't even choose, clearly, so I just sampled almost everything.  Breakfast with a view...I mean, come on.
Next up was a couples massage in our cabin.
IMG_2554IMG_2555
Oh.my.word. Heaven.
After all of that, we packed up and headed to pick up our kids, but Chris took more time off of work so that I could go have lunch and get a pedicure with my sister.
So much mommy time I could die.
I felt refreshed for an afternoon with my kids.
We had sushi for dinner.  So delish.
IMG_2573
And cookie cake for dessert.  My favorite.
IMG_2572
IMG_2579IMG_2582 
Why does it have to taste so good but be so bad for you???
We ended the night with wine and Steel Magnolias.
See?!?  Perfect.
My day was so amazing and wonderful, and I feel enormously blessed just to spend my days with these precious people. 
 
They are mine.

No comments: