Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tomorrow.

As surreal as it is, I am headed to Ghana tomorrow.
This will be my first time back since July 2010. That is over two years since my last trip.
In some ways, I feel so connected to the people and culture there because of Mercy Project and because Chris has been something like 18 times in the past 2 years.
But, in a lot of ways, I feel unable to relate.  I've never experienced a trip that was solely with Mercy Project (my last trip was through another organization).
I am ready to hear the sounds of the traffic, animals, markets, and voices.  I am ready to take in all the smells and see the chaos with my own eyes.
I can't wait.
But, that is just the tip of the iceberg.
On Friday of this week, I will meet the little boy that the Lord has chosen to become our son.  He will make us a family of 5.  This precious soul will be entrusted into my care.
To say that I am excited, anxious, nervous, pumped to see his face, to touch his skin, to smell his head, and to hear his voice would be a complete understatement.
I am overwhelmed with every emotion just thinking about it.
Then, on Saturday, we will leave a village in Ghana with about 25 children that will no longer have to work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.  
As we walk away with them, their journey into childhood will begin.
Our hope is that the months they spend in rehabilitation from their experiences of being trafficked will bring new life and the beginning of healing.
I pray that in their freedom they will also begin to taste the freedom that comes from Jesus.
 I cannot wait for this journey.  I am so thankful that the Lord has been faithful to us.

I will be missing my sweet kids while we are apart, but I will be with their big brother, ensuring that he and his friends are given the chance to be just like them.
Please join me in praying for our week.
We are so hopeful.

I will try to update at some point throughout the week, so check back in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for a glorious trip as you are blessed to be a part of the first freedom walk!!!