Sunday, September 9, 2012

Girls Weekend

Last Saturday morning, my mom and sister arrived at my house at 6:30am, and we headed out for an overnight getaway, just the three of us girls.
It was so much fun and so very needed.
I hadn't realized until Chris mentioned it, but we {the girls in my family} haven't done this since Chris and I got married almost 8 years ago.  To be honest, I'm not sure we've done it ever.
I do believe we have started ourselves a new tradition though.
It just does the soul good to be with people who know you, the depths of you, that you can laugh, sweat, share life, and just be with.
We were only gone for about 36 hours, but it was just perfect in my book.
And, Chris was super dad.  He never once made me feel bad for leaving him with the kids, even though he had a speaking engagement on Sunday morning in Dallas resulting in him traveling ALONE with both kids there and back. Good man, I tell you, good man.

As for the girls, we ventured to First Monday in Canton.
We shopped all day on Saturday.  And sweated our lives away.
We laughed until we cried in our hotel room before we got ready for a fabulous dinner where we celebrated my Momma's birthday, which was on Sunday.
Seriously, if you're ever in the Tyler, TX area, go to Villa Montez.  It is amazing.  You will not be disappointed.
I mean, look at that gorgeous-ness.  And, check out the food.  My mouth is watering just remembering the goodness.
We slept in {for me} on Sunday which was glorious, enjoyed a nice, leisurely continental breakfast, wished mom a happy birthday, went back to Canton for another hour or two, and then hit the road to come back home.
I loved every minute spent with my mom and sister.  I am already looking forward to next year when we get to have another girls weekend.
But, I also loved coming home to my three loves.  There is nothing like it.  
To top it off, I felt rejuvenated and refreshed.  Just what I needed.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

it was SO MUCH FUN!!! i already can't wait until next year. love you both so much. xoxo

daddyO and honey said...

ok, i am totally impressed and am encouraged to see how God may allow us 3 girls to get together when alison is in the country!! i love seeing and hearing from your blog what a great time you had. thanks for sharing!!

kristen said...

that looks like so much fun! Yes! Isn't vila montez so good!! i have only eaten there once (though this post makes me want to go right now!) but it was so good. and just so cool to be in that house! hope you guys had a great weekend! y'all are so cute!