Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Up, Up, and Away!

Beckett loves balloons.  Loves them.  So it was easy to decide what direction to go for his birthday party.  
This awesome invitation designed by FrillyMilly (check out her etsy shop here) fit perfectly with the vision I had for his party.
His party was seriously so much fun!  I think with each party I've done (a whopping 3 so far), I am getting less stressed and learning to enjoy the moments more.
We had lots of balloons and streamers on the food table.   
We served pineapple, watermelon, and a trail mix bar.  It was a hit and super easy!
Check out the awesome cake and cupcakes!
My sister's roommate is an amazing baker and offered to make and decorate Beckett's smash cake and all of the cupcakes.  She did an incredible job.  They looked amazing and tasted amazing.
I hung his Happy Birthday banner and monthly pictures above the cake.
Beckett was a big fan of the cake as well.
(Sorry in advance for the large number of smash cake photos coming your way.  I just couldn't pick!)
Lots of friends and family were able to join us in celebrating our sweet guy.
The kids had lots of fun playing outside in the baby pool, sprinklers, and trying to break the regular balloons I bought and filled with water.  I clearly don't do this often because I had no idea there were such things as balloons made specifically to be water balloons.  Oops.  I'll know next time.
The party was seriously so much fun.
We are so thankful and blessed by all the people that have walked with us through the first year of Beckett's life.  We felt very loved.

1 comment:

daddyO and honey said...

love all of the color and especially all of the kids in the pool!! Happy Birthday!