Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On His Birthday

I couldn't leave out one more post about Beckett's birthday, and that is how we actually celebrated his special day.  I also have to make sure I include a little of what he's up to these days so that I won't forget.  (With my memory, I need all the help I can get!)

We started off August 16 by singing Happy Birthday to our sweet boy when he woke up.
He's always happy, but a little like his momma, he takes a few minutes to wake up.  Once he gets those few minutes, he is all huge smiles.  The loud singing, and excited big sister, were a little much for him :)
He got to open his presents--a new, big boy carseat and "running shoes" and socks from Micah.
 
She was so excited to help him and talked about his birthday nonstop all day.
We ate yummy donuts for breakfast, a first for Beckett, and we spent our day playing.

I had to take a picture of my baby boy at 11:40am, the exact time of his birth.
We got Beckett his favorite, Chick Fil A, for lunch.  The kid loves him some chicken.
We even spent some time in the pool after the kids' afternoon naps.

We finished up the evening with having the grandparents over for some more cake.



We loved celebrating Beckett's life and the gift he has been to us over the past year.  We love our little man to pieces!

At one year old...

-you weigh 19lbs., 10 oz. (15%) and are 29 1/2 in. long (50%). You wear 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers
-you can stand all by yourself anywhere and don't even need anything to pull yourself up. You have terrific balance and can stand for long periods of time. You have taken one or two steps here and there, but you seem to have no interest in walking yet.
-your favorite toys are still balls. You love to throw them and take them in and out of toys. You love to play catch and just light up when we sit down to play that with you.
-your grin lights up a room.  Seriously, those dimples and that smile can win over the hardest heart.  And, your giggles have to be the most amazing sound ever.  You are babbling a ton these days, and I love hearing you try to make words.  It'll come :)
-you love Wrigley and have really started to take interest in him.  You love to find his toys and crawl over to him with them in your little hands.
-you are still a momma's boy, but I can see you starting to build a serious attachment to your daddy.  I couldn't be happier to watch this.
-you are a fantastic sleeper...11-12 hours at night and two 1 1/2 hour naps every day.  Bless you, child. You also always put yourself to sleep.  I love, love rocking you, but I also love that you can soothe yourself.
-you eat like a champ and like a bottomless pit :)  Ever since we introduced table food to you, it's like you cannot get enough.  You rarely turn any food away, and you LOVE meat and cheese.  You are only nursing once a day in the mornings, and I think we are both still pretty attached to this one.
 
Love him!

No comments: