Saturday, November 26, 2011

three months

Beckett,
You are three months old, and what an amazing three months it has been!  Some days it feels like I am living in a dream with you because you are such an incredible blessing and a sweet, sweet baby boy.  Every day with you is a gift, and I am so thankful that I get to experience all of it with you and your big sister.  These past three months have flown by, and I am trying to soak up each moment with you.  I just cannot get enough of you.
 In your third month, you went on your very first overnight trip to Houston where daddy performed a wedding.  You traveled like a champ and were true to your easy going nature.  You never minded being passed around, and you slept whenever you were ready no matter whose arms you were in.  Your daddy and I were so thankful that you handled it so well.  You have even begun to tolerate the car and your carseat better, which makes trips to the grocery store and to restaurants a little easier and less stressful for all of us!
You rolled over from your back to your tummy for the first time this month, and we were so proud of you!  I cannot believe you did this so soon.  I was super excited because I love experiencing new things with you, but it made me just a little sad that you are growing so quickly.  You are a very strong little boy.  Once you get on your tummy, you start to get a little frustrated because you cannot figure out how to roll back over.  You start to let out your "complaining" grunts, so we just help you roll right back over.  Your big sister loves to help you roll.
This month you have also really started to discover more things with your eyes.  You have started locking your eyes on the toys that hang above your play mat, and it is pretty cute.  I think we will have to start pulling out more of sister's baby toys soon!  You also follow us around the room more with your eyes.  You love to watch Micah, and I think you already cannot wait to play with her.  I am so excited to watch your friendship with her grow.
You are still smiling all the time.  My absolute favorite is when I can hear your beginning to whine when you wake up from a nap, and as soon as you find my face, you get a huge gummy grin on your face.  Melt this momma's heart!  You smile at almost anyone if they talk to you just right...it really doesn't take much.  But, you definitely know your momma, daddy, and sister and give us the most smiles.  You are still talking and laughing a lot too.  I love to hear your sweet voice, and you love to use it, especially when you are getting your diaper and clothes changed.  Your laugh has got to be the most precious thing ever, and your daddy is number one at getting them out of you {just like he was with your big sister}.  You are just one happy baby!
Sleeping is another thing that has been great during your third month.  You sleep an average of 7 hours during the first stretch at night {about 9:00pm-4:00am}, and then you will eat and sleep until between 7:00am and 8:00am.  You have given me one 9 hour stretch, and I am hoping that trend with pick up soon :)  You are still sleeping in the pack and play in our room, but I think that's about to come to an end.  You nap well, but it's fairly inconsistent.  Thankfully, you generally nap at the same time as your big sister in the afternoon.  We swaddle you when you sleep, and that seems to really help you to sleep soundly.  Your daddy and I are definitely grateful for how well you sleep.
You eat about every 3 hours during the day.  You wear size 3-6 month clothes and size 1-2 diapers.  You are one big boy, and we love every single little roll.  You still have the sweetest disposition and are such a calm, happy baby.  I am so in love with you, sweet boy.  I cannot imagine our lives without you.  You add a perfect sweetness to our family, and your daddy and I thank God every night for you.  We also pray that you will be filled with the Spirit and be a mighty warrior in the kingdom of God.  You are precious and the perfect fit for our family.  We absolutely adore you, and you make us more happy than you can imagine.  Happy three month birthday, Beckett Lucas!

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

beckett, you are absolutely the most perfect little darlin! you always smile and light up the room with your smile and beautiful eyes! i love to snuggle with you and whisper special mimi secrets to you. : - )
i love you beautiful little beckett!
mimi