Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a fun halloween this year!  I think I will probably say that after every holiday for the next several years as my kids grow up and begin to understand the concept.
It's just so much fun to discover things with them.

This year, I decided to make the kids' costumes.  I really, really enjoyed doing it and felt accomplished at the end of it.  These costumes {mainly just Micah's} were the first things I've ever sewn and made for them.  Getting them finished was a task as I came down with a 24-hour stomach bug last Wednesday night and got well just in time to go out of town for the weekend for a wedding Chris was officiating {another post on that later}.  So, I came home Sunday mid-morning to unfinished halloween costumes that needed to be done that night for trunk or treat.  It was a whirlwind, but I think they turned out pretty cute.
Introducing...
Minnie Mouse
and her best friend Mickey Mouse
The halloween festivities began on Sunday night with a trunk or treat at Chris's parents' church.  Micah had lots of fun playing the games and getting candy with Jojo and Cade.  I only managed to get a couple of pictures because Micah was way too busy!
We did get a little photo shoot in before we went trick or treating last night.
Minnie and Mickey
Our little family
Mimi and Pappy came to trick or treat with us...and I got the best picture of them with their grandbabies!
We headed out just after 6:00pm to go trick or treating around our block.  
Our first stop was at our neighbors' house.  Micah loves them! 
She went in their house.  
Thankfully, theirs was the only house at which she tried this.  I was a little worried!
Micah had lots of fun going to the houses and getting candy.  She would either say, "trick or treat" or "happy halloween" when people opened the door.  So cute.
Beckett was there too.  This is pretty much what he did the whole time.
He's my precious, chill baby.
When we got home, we let Micah pick one piece of candy to eat before bed, and she picked a sucker.  She loves suckers.  And sticky messes.
After a bath and some milk, our little Minnie Mouse was sleepy.  I think we all rested well last night.
I love making memories with my sweet family.
Just for fun, here's a look back at our little family of 3 last halloween.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

Aaaaaahhhh! I love it! I love it! I love it! Y'all are the cutest little fam. Wish I could have been there again this year :) xoxo

Mom & Mimi said...

We had so much fun watching & listening to Micah have so much fun and watching SWEET SWEET Beckett be his normal chill self! :-) There's simply nothing better!!

love you all!

pretty new blog heading!