Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Two Months

Beckett Lucas,

Here we are at two months already.  Time is flying by so fast, and I sometimes just want it to slow down.  You are seriously the sweetest little baby, and I am loving every single one of these baby days with you.  Your laid back, easy going personality is more of a blessing for your daddy and me than I could ever explain to you.  You are truly a gift to our family, and I cannot imagine a better fit for all of us.

You, just like your big sister, are a chunk of a baby.  At your well check, you weighed 13lbs, 3oz which puts you in the 75%-90% and are 23 inches long {50%}.  I love the little rolls that are beginning to form on your thighs, and you are working on fattening up those sweet cheeks of yours.  You got 3 shots and an oral immunization at your appointment.  I hated watching you hurt, but you handled it like a champ and only cried for about a minute.  You were asleep by the time we got to the car!  Dr. R said you were perfectly healthy.  That is a blessing!

Eating and sleeping are two things that you do really well.  You are {obviously} a great eater, and you nurse about every 3 hours during the day.  Our nighttime feedings are less consistent, but you always go at least one six hour stretch to start the night.  I feed you for the last time between 8:30pm and 9:00pm, and for the past several weeks, you only wake up once in the night to eat {usually around 3:30am} and go right back to sleep.  I am definitely spoiled by that.  Your naps are more inconsistent, but you usually take 4-5 of them each day.  I think that your loud big sister has something to do with the fact that your naps are not really long or predictable :)

You smiled for the first time this month, and you've never looked back.  You are so smiley and happy, and I absolutely love it.  If you are awake, all it takes is for someone to talk to you, and you flash that sweet, gummy grin.  If I just say hi to you, I often get a smile.  That melts this mommy's heart.  You love to "talk" too.  You make the sweetest little coos, and you are most talkative when you are on your changing table having your diaper and clothes changed.  You also love to talk to your big sister, and I am pretty sure that she loves it too.
You are our laid back little man.  Your personality is so easy going, and we adore that about you.  You just go with the flow and hardly ever fuss about anything.  We constantly have people ask us if you are always so chill, and we are so eager to answer with what a blessing your sweetness is.  You will just lay on your back and stare at us or the fan {which you absolutely LOVE}.  A lot of times, we will look over, and you have put yourself to sleep with not so much as a whimper.  Amazing, my sweet boy!  Even though you can already put yourself to sleep, I gladly hold you and stare at you while you sleep because I know these days will pass all too quickly.

Some other things that happened this month are that you have decided not to hate your carseat so much, and this momma is super thankful for that.  You are taking a pacifier much more easily these days, and it will definitely soothe you.  However, you are not dependent upon it to sleep, which is nice.  We swaddle you to sleep at night, and I think it helps you to sleep a little better.  I don't think you will need it for too long though.  You are wearing mostly 3 month clothes, some 0-3 month stuff, and a few 3-6 month things.  Don't grow too fast, my sweet boy!
Beckett, you are more precious than I ever could have imagined you would be.  I prayed so much for you to be a source of joy for our family, and the Lord answered that prayer a million times over.  You are the sweetest little boy, and you have completely stolen my heart.  I am so thankful that you are my son.  Your daddy and I will always pray that you will live an anointed and Spirit filled life.  We have already been blessed tremendously by you in the past 2 months and are confident that God will continue to use you to bless others wherever you go.  I cannot imagine my life without you in it, baby boy.  Happy 2 months, my precious Beckett!

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma 

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Stace,
Beckett is certainly a blessing to you and Chris...to all of us. He is indeed perfect, healthy & just beautiful. I know there will come a time that I will have to stop saying Beckett's beautiful and start saying he's handsome but I'll say it as long as I can or am allowed! :- )
I love you
mom