Friday, July 22, 2011

one month

Ordinarily, July 22 would hold no special meaning for me.  It's just another hot day in the summer.  But, this year it holds a little more significance.  One month from today is our little man's due date!  I honestly cannot believe it is actually that close.  And, if he follows in his big sister's footsteps, we won't make it to his due date.  So, potentially, I will only be carrying this little man for less than a month more.

I am beginning to get to the uncomfortable part of pregnancy.  Honestly, with Micah, I didn't have the typical aches and pains of late pregnancy.  Other than my feet aching if I was on them for too long and the rib poking, I felt great all the way to the end.  I'm not sure if it's the heat or the fact that I'm chasing a busy toddler around all day, but I have definitely had more muscle aches with this sweet guy.  However, I am so blessed to be able to carry him and "know" him in this intimate way, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  So, bring on the aches and pains.  They are totally worth every minute.
And, the growing belly reminds me of how lucky I really am.
I am beginning to experience lots of different emotions as we get closer to this baby boy's arrival.  Mostly, I am just so thankful and excited to be growing our family.  I cannot wait to see the ways he blesses us in ways we could never imagine.  I cannot wait to watch the bond he will form with his big sister.  I cannot wait to see his sweet face.  I cannot wait to get to know him and his little {or big} personality.  I cannot wait to see the ways he brings joy and love to our family.
I know this verse is often used in regards to babies, and I hate to be cliche.  But, it has been on my heart a lot lately regarding both of my children.
"Children are a gift from the Lord.  They are a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3
I truly feel that way.  I believe that Micah and her baby brother are gifts given to Chris and me.  We are so blessed to be given these amazing gifts.  I pray that we can raise them in a way that honors and glorifies their Creator.
So, one more month... I'm getting ready.  God is so good.