Wednesday, June 15, 2011

10 weeks

It's official. I am thirty weeks pregnant which means there are only 10 weeks {or less} to go before our little man joins the family. It is crazy to me how quickly this pregnancy has flown by! It really feels like just yesterday that we saw those little lines and knew we had been blessed with another precious child to love. And August felt so far away. But, now it's summer, June, and we only have two months to go!

I can definitely tell we are getting closer when I look down at my growing belly. Our sweet boy is getting bigger and bigger, and I love it! In the past couple of weeks, I think he has hit a growth spurt, and lots of friends and family have affirmed my suspicion. Here is proof:




This pregnancy has honestly been almost as smooth as Micah's was. I am seriously blessed to have such easy pregnancies. Baby boy is moving all around, especially when I sit still or his big sister is sitting in my lap. He doesn't seem to enjoy when someone or something crowds his space! I have a feeling Micah will work hard to break him of that once he's here :) He is not quite as active as Micah was, and I haven't felt him get the hiccups yet.  But, when he does move, there is no mistaking it!  He can really get going, and sometimes it hurts a little bit when he starts rolling.  I truly love it so much though and wouldn't change it for anything.

There have been a couple of things that have been different about this pregnancy.  First, I have had to deal with those yucky varicose veins.  Not only do they look bad, they also have a tendency to make my legs ache at the end of the day.  So, I often find myself vegging on the couch with my legs up after putting Micah to bed...lazy, lazy :)  Also, I had my one hour glucose test three weeks ago, and I failed it!!!  I was pretty frustrated because I only barely failed, and I scheduled it for 1:00pm instead of first thing in the morning.  Because I failed, I had to go back the next week for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test.  I had to fast, drink the sugary drink, and get my fingers pricked 4 different times over the course of 3 hours.  I was really anxious about it for many reasons, but I am so thankful that I passed with no problem.  I am mostly just thankful that baby boy and I are healthy.  It was a reminder not to take the pregnancy and lack of complications for granted.

Bottom line: 10 weeks is not very long.
We have lots of fun things to do.
Better get busy because that little man will be here before we know it.
We are excited.
Life is going to change soon, but we are ready to welcome that change.
Praise the Lord for new life.

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Stacey,
I couldn't agree with you more, in that time seems to have rushed right on by with this pregnancy and in a blink we'll be cuddling and loving our new grandson! Yes you are extremely blessed to have had 2 perfect pregnancies. With both Micah and little B, you were and are simply beautiful while carrying your babies....you just glow! :- )
I love you honey!
Mom