Friday, October 1, 2010

let's celebrate

We spent from Wednesday of last week until Tuesday of this week in College Station.  While we were there, we got the chance to celebrate both of  my parents' 50th birthdays!  My mom turned 50 on September 2, and my dad turned 50 on September 20.  My sister and I couldn't resist the urge to throw them a party, so we set the date of the big bash for September 25 and put it on the calendar back in July!

We headed down to Hockley for the celebration, and because of the beauty that is our cousins' home and land, not much decorating was necessary.  We just added a {very} few things to what she had already set up around their pool and were excited to get the party started. 





We had an absolute blast honoring Mimi and Pappy, and even though the rain kept some of us from enjoying the view from the pool during dinner, I think everyone had a great time.  We ate some yummy BBQ, delicious cake, and visited with friends and family we hadn't seen in a while.  Thanks to everyone who drove in for the party...we really appreciate it!








My parents are such an enormous blessing to me!  I am so thankful for the ways they raised me and my sister in the Lord and taught me the importance of being a Christ follower.  I am so grateful that God created them to be my parents, and it is such a joy to watch them be grandparents to my daughter.  I was honored to celebrate them last Saturday.  Happy 50th Birthday, Mimi and Pappy!  We love you! 



No comments: