Monday, October 4, 2010

ten months

Micah,

You are ten months old.  That seriously seems impossible!  I remember so vividly this time last year and thinking that we only had to change months 2 more times before you would be here, and I couldn't wait to meet you.  Believe me, sweet girl, when I tell you that you have far surpassed my greatest hopes as to what being your momma would be like.  Each month brings so much excitement, and I honestly just love every new moment and experience with you.  You have constantly made your daddy and me smile and laugh this month.  We are so in love with you!
The first few months of your precious life was definitely characterized by your strong, fiery personality.  While I absolutely cannot imagine you being any other way, this month you have begun to be so sweet.  You are always smiling and waving at people in the grocery stores, restaurants, church, basically anywhere!  I LOVE that about you, and I love watching you bring joy to others.
You can still be super serious at times and just take everything in.  You will just study people for a while and then finally flash that precious grin of yours.  One of your favorite things to watch is other kids!  I think you would be perfectly content to watch other kids play for quite a long time without ever moving. You also love to watch puppies, and they almost always make you laugh.
I think your laugh and sweet little voice are the sweetest sounds that your daddy and I have ever heard.  You are finally becoming pretty ticklish under your little arms, and we love to tickle you and hear your giggle over and over.  It seriously never gets old baby girl.  Daddy is the best at getting you to laugh, and sometimes when he laughs, you like to mimic him and try to make yourself laugh too.  It's pretty darn cute.  You have finally learned how to say "dada" this month, but you usually say it with just a little bit of your tongue sticking out.  Precious, just precious.  You are still babbling, but you are a little more quiet than other babies, like your momma :) 
Your sweet hair is really starting to fill in, and it makes me so anxious to start putting it in sweet little ponytails and pigtails!  I think your daddy is excited about those days too.  Your hair is about the same color as mine is right now, so you didn't turn blonde on us.  You love to play with my hair when I am putting you to sleep, and you have a hard time finding your daddy's hair when he rocks you ;) Every once in a while, you will even play with your own hair.  I am still putting bows on your head, and you are still pulling them off when you discover them :)  Silly girl.  
You are a pro at giving high fives, and we have to credit daddy for that one.  He worked hard with you on that skill, and you love giving high fives.  I think you are proud of yourself, and we are pretty proud too.  You are clapping a whole lot and sometimes will clap on command. You are still giving kisses, although you have become a little more protective of handing those out.  You have really figured out how to make the "motorboat" sound, so you do it almost all the time.  You have also discovered the kitchen cabinets and love to open and close them, repeatedly. Your daddy and I love watching you learn how to do new things, even if it means keeping a closer eye on you.
Sweet Micah, you are ALL OVER the place!  You are crawling on all fours everywhere, and you are cruising like a pro.  I definitely feel like I can't keep up with you somedays because if I turn around, you are already gone to another room.  It makes you happy to be able to get to anything you want, so that makes your daddy and me very happy too.  You want anything that we have, cell phones, remote controls, computers, food, drinks. You name it, and you want it!  You will crawl over and look at us so sweetly, and it's hard to resist your precious little face.  Everything goes straight into your mouth, so we have to watch it!  You still love to eat and are eating more table foods these days.  That is nice for daddy and me because we don't have to stock up on baby food as much anymore, and you love all the new flavors!
You spent your first night and day with just daddy when momma was away with some friends.  You were great, of course, and I think that daddy was a little bit sad that I had to come back so soon.  He absolutely loved his one on one time with you and has already asked when he gets to do it again.  You definitely have your daddy wrapped around your little finger, and he adores you.  I love watching the sweet bond you are developing with your daddy as you get a little bit older.  You always get the biggest grin on your face when you see him, and you love when he plays with you and parades you around.  Seeing you two together melts me and brings me unspeakable joy.
I haven't even included everything from your tenth month in this letter, but these are just the highlights.  God continues to be so gracious to me as I learn how to be your momma because we both know that I am far from great at it.  But, God has given me a deeper love than I knew was possible for you, and I am so thankful for that.  Your daddy and I pray for you every night.  We pray that you will continue to grow strong and healthy, but we also pray for your heart.  We want you to have a heart for the Lord and for his people.  We want you to know him in crazy intimate ways and live in a way to glorify him.  We want you to be a person of deep love, great justice, indescribable mercy, and incredible compassion.  I believe that the Lord is already fashioning you into that kind of person.  You are amazing, my sweet girl.  I am blessed beyond measure.  Happy 10 months, Micah Elisabeth.

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma

2 comments:

Katie said...

Did I bawl through this? Maybe...

LOVE you, and your precious family. Such a blessing to me! It was so good to catch up this weekend. Can't wait to see you again sooner than later! :)

lindsey said...

OH. MY. GOSH. i love this little girl so much more than i knew was possible. how in the world has it been 10 months??? what a precious post. she is so much fun, and seriously the cutest baby ON THE PLANET.

lots and lots of love!
leelee