Friday, October 22, 2010

weekend getaway


The first weekend in October I got to spend time with some of my favorite people on the planet.  Twelve of my best friends from ACU and I spent the weekend at a lakehouse (thanks, Becca, for hosting us!!!) in east Texas and enjoyed catching up, shopping in Jefferson, eating, taking a boat ride, and laughing together.


I am so blessed that I got to know these amazing women at ACU.  I seriously could not have asked for better friends during my time in college, and God has used each of them to encourage me in different phases of my life.


It was so fun to hear about what everyone is doing now and to catch up with some girls I hadn't seen in quite a while.  It was also a treat to have Alison with us!  We know that the Thompsons miss, and are greatly missed in, Peru, but we enjoyed every minute we got with you!


That weekend was the perfect getaway to refresh my spirit.  Thank you, ladies, for such a wonderful time.  I miss you all dearly and am so thankful for the ways you bless me!  Can't wait until next year already!!!

No comments: