Wednesday, May 26, 2010

oh, baseball, how we love thee

Six years ago, Chris and I went to our first professional baseball game together. I really enjoy watching baseball and so does Chris {he played in high school}, so for my 20th birthday, Chris got us tickets to a Rangers game. We had LOTS of fun getting away from Abilene for an evening. I wish I had a picture of us, but I am too lazy to scan it in. Chris {further} introduced me to his scheming ways at this game. He got tickets that were up pretty high and in left field. A couple of innings into the game, he told me that we were going to move down a little closer because there were lots of empty seats. Chris proceeds to march us down right behind home plate, and as soon as the "guards" at the entrance walked down to the front between innings, Chris pushed me right behind them, and we ended up right sitting about 10 rows up behind home plate! Being the rule-follower I am, I was SO nervous that someone would catch us and kick us out or something. Chris is much less uptight than me :) Needless to say, we had a great time, and it was a memorable night.

We have been back a time or two since then, but we got to bring a very special guest to her first game at the Ballpark in Arlington last Friday night. That's right, Micah got to enjoy her first Rangers game. It was fun to share our love of baseball with her! Here is our little family at Micah's first professional baseball game.


It was a gorgeous night, and the Rangers pulled out a win. We got to enjoy the game with some friends from church and my parents. The game started right when we usually begin putting Micah to bed, so she spent a lot of the game fast asleep in our arms. But, I know she loved it. She already can't wait to go back :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

precious little lovey! i miss those cheeks! i'm glad you all had a great time.

love you!!!