Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today brings with it a whole new meaning now that I am beginning to understand all that it takes to be a mom. I had without a doubt the best example of a mother ever! She is the most selfless, patient, kind, compassionate, gentle, loving woman on the face of the planet, and I am just so thankful that God blessed me enough to be her daughter and to sit shotgun to her my whole life. I have grossly underestimated all that it takes to be a mom for about 25 years, and my mom certainly made it look easy. I hope I am graceful enough that Micah will say the same thing about 25 years from now! To my precious mom, I love you so much, and I am more thankful for you now than ever before. I am thankful for the ways you loved me more than you ever loved yourself. I am thankful for the ways you never once considered what you wanted to be more important than what I wanted. I am thankful for the ways you nurtured me and taught me to love and respect myself. I am thankful for the quiet example of a woman of God that you were for me. I am thankful for the ways you showed me how to be a mom. I hope I can do it justice with my children! You are the best Mommy and Mimi ever!



I am also blessed with a tremendous mother-in-law, Holly. I am so thankful, Holly, for your example for Chris of a godly woman and for the ways you raised him to be an incredible husband and father. You also loved, nurtured, and sacrificed for him, and I am so thankful for that. I love you, and I am so thankful that Micah gets to call you Grandmommy!



Finally, today is a special day for me because it is my very first mother's day with my sweetpea! Thank you, Micah, for making me a mommy! I love you more than words, and my prayer everyday is that I will raise you to know and love God and to walk in passionate relationship with him. My world was rocked on December 2, 2009, and I will never be the same. For that, I am so grateful.



I am so lucky to celebrate this day with you. Honestly, any day with you is pretty great. I love you, sweet girl, and I am so thankful to be your mommy!

2 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

My sweet Stacey,
Being a Mommy to you has been and will forever be one of the most beautiful gifts God could me.

A perfect way to end Mother's Day?
Looking at a pretty picture of my daughter and granddaughter...thank you!
I love you so much!
Momma

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Thanks for the sweet words. I just love seeing both you and Chris as you parent Micah. She is certainly blessed to have you as a mommy!

Love you so much,
Holly