Wednesday, March 31, 2010

wow

I guess it is official...I am the worst.blogger.ever. I think that because I am not reading blogs right now, I kind of forget to blog myself. I have had plenty of things to write about, but I just haven't made time for it. I figured that since it had been a week and a half since my last post that this might be a good time to break the drought.

Since it's been so long, I am just going to do a brief recap of what we've been up to rather than try to recount every detail.

My big sister turned 28 on March 22. Happy birthday, Lindsey!!! I have always thought that 28 was a good age. I guess when I was little it seemed grown up but not too old :)
Who knows?!?!? Sorry I didn't give you a shout out on your birthday, Linz, but here it is now! You have always been so special to me, and I have never known what it's like to experience life without you. I am so thankful that God made you my sister, and I love you!

Chris was supposed to have been in Ghana last week taking some donors on a trip to see both the children on the lake and those that have been rescued. Due to some transitions at the orphanage in Kete Krachi {the town right by Lake Volta}, the trip had to be postponed. Honestly, it has been nice to have him around, and I still think I am in denial about the fact that he will actually be going for an entire week soon. We are going to miss him like crazy!!!

Because he was going to be in Ghana, Micah and I had planned to spend the week in College Station with our families. My mom had already planned a combined birthday thing for my sister and me {our birthdays are just a couple weeks apart} for Saturday, so our little family made a short trip down to B/CS. We left on Thursday and came back on Saturday. While we were there, we spent quality time with both of our families, got to visit great friends and incredible kids at Kemp, and had a little birthday celebration. All of that and did I get a single picture??? NO! What is wrong with me? I think it's the constant flashing from the grandparents that makes me so lazy with my camera :) I will steal some pics later!

That's not all we've been doing, but it will have to be good enough. Hopefully this won't happen again, but I'm not crazy enough to promise anything this time! I'll leave you with a few pictures of my loves, one of whom will be 4 months old on Friday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! i've been checking multiple times a day :):) i loved seeing all of you this past weekend, and thanks for the bday shout-out... i love you!!! give micah some sugar from her LeeLee.

Mom & Mimi said...

Really, really looking forward to your future blogging and all the great pics you'll be posting!
Love you!
Mom~~mimi