Saturday, May 4, 2013

Strawberries

Just about 40 minutes from our front door is an amazing strawberry patch at A New Beginning Farm.  The kids and I were invited to join some friends in strawberry picking fun back in March, but we already had plans.  I knew we had to make time to get there before the season ended, though.
I had never been berry picking before and was so excited to experience something new with the kids.
We went with some dear friends this past Tuesday morning.  We packed all 5 kiddos and 2 mommas in one car and were off.
photo-52
It was the most fun.
IMG_2867
We picked and picked.  Micah liked trying to find good ones that were pretty and red but not "squishy."
IMG_2875IMG_2873
IMG_2870
Having never seen a strawberry patch before, I was enthralled.  It is amazing to me what can grow from the earth.  I loved it.
photo-51
IMG_2881IMG_2879
Beckett really was there.  He had a hard time picking strawberries without squeezing all the goodness out of them in the process, so he mostly watched from the stroller.
Look at all the delicious strawberries we came home with!
photo-50
And they are as sweet as they look.  I'm already hoping to get another trip in before the season ends for the year.

No comments: