Monday, March 11, 2013

Memories: Riding A Horse

On Saturday, Micah rode on her first horse.
 photo(20)
My parents live out on some land, and the people that own the land live near my parents and own many horses and cows.  Saturday was their big cattle round-up, so Micah spent the night with them on Friday night in order to be around the next day.
Part of the fun of the cattle round-up for the kids is that they get to ride a horse at some point in the day.  
When the time came, Micah was so excited.
I hoisted myself (with lots of help) up on Wickson, the sweetest horse. 
 photo(15)
By the way, I have only ridden a horse one other time in my life, and I had to ride behind the saddle with Micah.
photo(16)
We got the hang of it, and it was so much fun.
 photo(17)
I honestly cannot wait to do it again with her and when Chris can be there, too.
She was not at all afraid and did not want to get off.
It was such a wonderful memory with my sweet little cowgirl.
photo(19)
photo(18)
{This might be one of my most favorite pictures of us ever.  She melts me.}

4 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

Beautiful pictures!! What a full & fun weekend it was to watch Micah take it all in for the first time. She was very focused and didn't miss a thing. It was quite apparent she DID NOT think it was right to brand those cattle. Micah's exact words, "Mimi I need to help them". Getting to ride Wickson was the highlight of the weekend!!! It was pretty special for me to watch my baby girl and babydoll ride a horse together!
Love you!

daddyO and honey said...

i love the last picture as well!! definitely one you must frame!!

horseridesnetus said...

Learn how you can take horse riding lessons with top trainers around the world without leaving your own barn! If you have a video camera and a horse, you're ready to go. All you have to do is choose a trainer, take a video of yourself working on the areas you need help with, and then send the video to your trainer.

Bryce National Park Horseback Riding

brycecanyonhorseback said...

As for me, I enjoy horseback riding, because it is a great exercise not only for your muscles, but also for the mind, because the most important thing in horseback riding is to understand the horse beneath you so that you can achieve something together.

Bryce Canyon Horseback Rides