Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ten Months

{written at more like 10 1/2 months. Sorry, son, maybe next month I'll be on time :)}


Beckett,

You, my sweet boy, are a gift. I knew from experience that I would love you deeply, but I had no idea just how easily it would come to me. My heart bursts with love for you each day, and you add such a sweet richness and joy to our family. We all will do anything to make you smile and laugh, and you make each day a thousand times more fun! I just cannot believe that you are 10 months old already. I wish I could stop time and just love on you a little longer exactly where you are, but I know that every phase you go through will bring just as much joy as this one.



This month brought speed crawling. My goodness, Beckett, you are Fast!!! You get all the way across the playroom and into the open bucket of crayons in the blink of an eye, and then you just flash that sweet smile with those precious dimples and melt my heart. You are always moving when you are on the ground, but I definitely have to keep a close eye on you because you love getting into things that you aren't supposed to. And you get there so quickly it's unbelievable.



You also have started pulling up more and more and can stand on your own for several seconds. We were so excited for you the first time you did it, and I think it made you pretty proud of yourself too. You have no fear when it comes to pulling up, and one day I found that you had crawled completely off the floor and onto your big sister's tricycle. I think you are going to be our little daredevil.



Because of all this moving, you are a long and lean little man. You weigh 18lbs. 9 oz. (20%) and are 29" long (50-75%). You just moved into size 3 diapers, but you wear 12mo and some 18mo clothes because you are just a little too long for some of the 12mo stuff. You eat plenty, so I guess you just have a good metabolism! It's crazy to see how much less round your face has become in just the last few months.



You started getting your first tooth at the very end of this month! I could barely catch a glimpse of it the day you turned 10 months old, and I cannot wait to see your precious smile with little baby teeth. You have handled it like a champ with very little fussing. I could only tell you might be getting one because of how much more you were putting things in your mouth and really munching on them. You are too sweet and super tough!



Pretty much, Beckett, we are all head over heels in love with you. The way you light up when you see your daddy, Micah, or me gives me enough joy to last a whole day. I love spending my days playing with you and seeing you discover new and exciting things. I pray that you always keep your joy and contentment in life. We are so thankful for your easy-going nature and your precious smiles and laughs. I cannot think of anything I'd rather do in this world than be your mommy. I thank God every day for the gift of you. You will do amazing things in your life, but don't grow up too fast! Happy 10 months, Beckett Lucas.

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma



No comments: