Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Celebrating Fathers

My kids are so blessed, amazingly blessed, to have a daddy that adores them.  
He loves them so deeply.  He plays hard with them.  He makes them laugh like no one else can.
I love to watch their eyes light up when they see him and vice versa.
I love the way Beckett stands at his office door and just giggles and giggles at his daddy.
I love the way Micah always asks him to stay and play with her.
 
I love the tenderness he has for his children and the ways he pours into them.
They will never, for one second, doubt that their daddy loves them.  What a gift.
Probably the best thing about Chris as a daddy is his dedication to and passion for teaching his children to be people of meaning and deep love for God and others.
My kids also have incredible grandfathers.  Their Pops and Pappy love them so much and have spent countless hours playing, holding, rocking, and meeting every want these two kids have.  They also love the Lord and have left a legacy for Chris and me that we are able to pass on to our kids.
We were able to celebrate all of these great men on Father's Day, and it was great to be able to honor them and spend a little extra time making sure they each knew how much we loved them and are thankful for them.

For everyone that had to struggle through Father's Day for one reason or another, please know that you were remembered in our home.  We prayed for your peace and your heart.  I hope one day you have a reason to celebrate this day.


No comments: