Monday, August 2, 2010

eight months

Micah Elisabeth,

You are 8 months old today, sweet girl! It truly is hard to believe that you are already that old. Time has flown by these last eight months, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I am more in love with you and being your momma than I could have ever imagined! You are daily teaching me about love, grace, and joy, and I am so thankful that God continues to be gracious in allowing me to experience each day with you. I cannot imagine a better job than being your momma. You make your daddy and me so proud, and we love showing you off everywhere we go. Your daddy is always especially excited to parade you around every restaurant or store we enter! It's pretty cute how he treasures you so much! We truly adore you, sweet girl, and think you are just perfect!


This month was no exception when it comes to being busy, busy! I think July may have been your busiest month yet, and you were a trooper. You also started doing some new things, and we are just so excited to watch you discover and explore your world. God continues to amaze me with His creativity and the ways in which He so carefully designed the process of growing up. You are cute as ever, and you still have those kissable thighs! Your hair is really starting to fill in, and it makes me so excited to get to put it in pigtails one day. I think you are trying to get some teeth, but so far, none have popped through. I don't like when they are hurting you, and I hope they hurry and come when they are ready! Life is so sweet with you, Micah. I love that I get to be part of this journey with you, sweet girl! It is too much fun!
Your first fourth of July was this month, and it honestly wasn't anything spectacular! Your daddy and I definitely didn't think it was worth getting you off your early bedtime routine to stay up for fireworks, so maybe you can experience those next year. {I think you got a good dose of those at the Rangers game...that epic fireworks show should last you for at least another year!!!} I have decided that celebrating any holiday with you, no matter how big or small, just makes it more fun. I think that's also why Mimi and Pappy were so willing to come hang out with you for the fourth weekend as well!
This month, you went to Schlitterbahn for the first time with daddy's family. You had so much fun playing in the water and loving on family! You looked too cute in your little swimsuit and pink polka-dot hat. You would smile so big everytime you got to splash around in the little pools. Grandmommy, Pops, and Aunt Angela got to spend lots of time spoiling you while momma and daddy rode some of the big rides. One day, we will take you on those rides too.


Another big rite of passage this month for our whole family was our 8 days spent apart while daddy and I went to Ghana. You spent the first part of your week at Grandmommy and Pops' house and the last half at Mimi and Pappy's house. You were perfect {according to the grandparents}, and we are sure they are right! Daddy and I were very excited to get to go and love on the kids in Ghana together, but we were very sad to leave you for so long. We prayed a lot about leaving you, and God was very good to all of us in protecting us, keeping us safe, and helping us to be happy even when we were not together! You were spoiled rotten while we were gone, but it sure was good to see that sweet smile light up your face when you saw us at the airport. We missed you like crazy, and we cannot wait to take you back to Ghana when you get older and can play with those kids.


One of my favorite moments of the month was when you said your first word. On July 20, I walked into the hallway at our church, and you said "Mama" when you saw me. Be still my heart!!! I was excited to hear your first word, and it melted me that you said mama. It has been fun to hear you call me by name since then, and it was certainly the best gift before daddy and I left for Ghana 2 days later. Now, we are just working on "dada" :) You love to blabber, especially at your little monkey friend in the car. Your little voice is the sweetest sound. You also love to help us "sing" at church, and I am pretty sure that everyone enjoys hearing you. I love listening to you "talk" to me, daddy, and anyone/thing else that will listen.


This month, you have started pulling up on EVERYTHING! Your crib mattress is now on the lowest level because of this new skill. You pull up on the furniture, our legs, our arms, laundry baskets, etc. You name it, and you want to use it to help you stand up. You are also crawling all over the place and are pretty quick. You keep us on our toes, and we have to watch you constantly so you don't get into all of Wrigley's toys or computer cords. You have started to crawl on all fours too which makes me think that walking won't be too far off. Don't grow up too fast though, sweet girl!!!


This month, you have truly developed a love for your food. You are eating 3 meals a day of cereal, fruit, and some vegetables. You still aren't too sure about your veggies, but you sure LOVE fruits! You haven't tried one that you don't like. You also are a big fan of anything that daddy and I are eating, and you let us know that you want a taste by grunting at us. It's pretty cute! You are still nursing 4 times a day, and we are working on that sippy cup. Your sleeping is going great! You take 2 naps a day...morning and night...usually anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. You sleep 11 hours at night and are almost always in bed by 7:30. You have taken to a sweet little blanket that Mimi made out of one of my Grandmother's sheets. You love to sleep with it, and that makes me happy! She would absolutely love you, Micah baby.


You love your pacifier but don't need it all the time. You mostly use it when you are sleepy or when momma needs you to be quiet :) You love riding in the shopping cart at the store and looking around at all the people. You love going to run with your daddy in the mornings. You love the water and your bath time. You love seeing us when we come get you from your naps. You love playing with Wrigley's tail. You love our computers and are always crawling after them. You love listening to Shane and Shane while you ride in the car. You love smiling and laughing at your daddy. You love seeing yourself in the mirror and making sweet noises when you do. And, I truly love everything about you, and I love sharing life with you. I cannot remember what life was like before you, but I am sure it was not as rich as it is with you in it. I love your sweet smiles, precious laughs, and soft skin. I love cuddling you on my chest while I rock you to sleep. I love singing worship songs over you and praying with you and daddy. God takes great delight in you, my sweet girl, and He loves you more than we can comprehend. He knows you by name, and you are His. I am so thankful for that. As much as I love you, He loves you infinitely more, and He sings and dances over you. I am so thankful that He made me your momma. I pray that you will walk so closely with Him and that you will grow into a child and woman of great justice and mercy. Happy eight months, sweet Micah!

I love you, to the moon and back.
Your Momma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see that adorable little face again. What a good time we had! Love the pix, I'm telling you what, she could be a model. Looking forward to seeing all of you next week. xoxoxxo
Grandmommy