Tuesday, February 2, 2010

two months


My precious Micah,

Oh sweet girl, your second month has been so much fun! It is amazing to think of the ways we have watched you grow and develop in such a short time. These two months have flown by, but I honestly cannot imagine life without you. There is such a deeper richness to life now that you are in it.

This month has been full of excitement for you, sweet girl. You smile more and more, and your daddy and I have figured out what makes you smile every time! I like to call it our "magic." As long as you are happy, you will always give us a great big grin, and it melts me! You also started cooing a lot this month. I love watching you concentrate on talking to me, and we have lots of conversations during the day. You are still super strong and can hold that head up with no problem. You also love to stand up on our laps and will push those little legs up often when you are sitting on our laps. You love to look around and almost always want to be facing out unless you are sleeping. Everyone loves seeing your bright eyes {which are still blue}!

You are a routine baby! I always knew children thrived on a schedule, and you are further proof to that. You are on a great schedule these days {now that Mommy is getting you figured out!}. You eat every 3 hours during the day, and after you eat, we play for about 30 minutes to an hour before you go to sleep. You have 2 really good naps each day--one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Mommy loves these times to get things done, but sometimes, I just like to sleep with you :) You have always slept well at night, and this month has followed that trend. You have your last feeding between 8:00 and 8:45, and then you don't wake up to eat until 3:30am-5:00am! It is wonderful for your Mommy and Daddy. You still sleep in your bouncy seat, and you love it!

You have developed a new love for your swing. We can put you in it at any time, and you will look around while your eyes get really heavy. Then, you will fall asleep! This month, you have started to learn to put yourself to sleep, and I love it. Although, I still like to rock you a lot :) You also started to really enjoy your baths. You love your little bathtub, and you rarely cry while you are in the water. You still hate to be cold when you get out, though.

I am certain that you know your Daddy and me, and you will always look for our voices when we talk. You also don't like for me to put you down if you are wide awake and will let me know by your cries that you want to be held again. I love that you know us and that we will comfort and love you. You also smiled at Wrigley for the first time this month, which was just too precious. I know that you two will be best buds before we know it.

Some other things you did this month were stay in a hotel for the first time, watch your Daddy run a marathon, go to your first wedding, and go out with friends for dinner. I am amazed at how much you have changed in the last month, and I have loved every minute of it! Your daddy and I are so proud to be your parents, and I thank God every single day for you. I can't wait to see what the next month brings, but don't grow up too fast!!! Happy two months, baby girl.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy


Obviously, Micah was totally done with this photo shoot, but Wrigley still managed to fall asleep, even with a screaming baby on his back!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Happy 2 months to my sweet, sweet Micah!! I can't believe it's already been 2 months. I have enjoyed watching you grow. Your mommy is doing a wonderful job of keeping us all updated through the blog! Can't wait to see you again!

Love,

Aunt Angela (I love the sound of that!) :)

Mom & Mimi said...

I'm about to burst!!! These are the sweetest pictures. I can't imagine a more perfect way to start my day than seeing my precious Micah baby. Why would I want to do anything else but look at you and smile all day long?

I love you!
Mimi

Anonymous said...

she is seriously becoming more adorable by the day!!!! growing up a little too fast ;) these pictures just melt me.

little miss micah, you are so sweet and so, so, so loved!!!! can't wait to see your precious little face again!

xoxoxo, LeeLee

daddyO and honey said...

Well, i smiled at the first pictures, then i giggled, and by the time i saw the picture of her on top of the dog and crying, i was laughing out loud. love you guys!!