Saturday, September 10, 2011

twenty one months

Micah Elisabeth,

It seems almost impossible that the next letter I write to you will be when you are two years old.  I am not quite sure when my baby became a big girl, but it has happened.  As much as I miss some of those sweet baby days with you, I adore every bit of the big girl you are becoming.  You steal my heart over and over with every passing day, and I am so proud to be your momma.

Your vocabulary has just blown up in the past few months.  You are saying new things daily, and I couldn't possibly keep up with it all.  I am constantly surprised by what you can say and understand, and your daddy and I are not quite sure where you have learned all of it!  One of my favorite things you do is use "too" correctly.  It cracks me up!  If I tell you we are going to see Mimi, you will say, "Pappy, too?" You can also count to 12 out of nowhere.  I definitely did not teach you this and neither did your daddy.  Maybe Elmo did???  You talk all the time, and I love sitting in your playroom with you and hearing you begin to have those pretend conversations with your toys.  Love seeing that sweet imagination.  If you start getting fussy in the car, all we have to do is strike up a conversation with you, and you are immediately engaged.  You definitely got the talking gene from your daddy!

You have become more interested in music and television.  The first one I like but the second not as much. You love to listen to songs on my phone and even request your favorites.  You love to listen to "Micah's song" {So Are You to Me} which is the song I've sung to you every night since you were a baby.  I surely teared up the first time you froze when it came on and said "Micah's song." You also love to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" with us.  We love it!  Not only could you listen to music for a long time, I think you could sit in front of the TV all day now.  This kind of makes me sad.  You used to only watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Elmo, but you will now watch almost any cartoon that comes on.  Please don't lose your desire to play, sweet girl!  The TV stays on much less now than it used to!

You still love to play with your babies, and I think this has picked up since we brought your brother home.  You almost always have a baby in one arm no matter what you are playing.  You love to take your baby on walks in your stroller, feed her in the highchair, and sleep with her at night.  The newest thing you are doing with your baby is getting a "pillow," putting it on your lap, and feeding her a bottle just like I do with brother.  It is pretty precious.  You still love to color and are getting better and better at it.  You can name all your colors, and you like to tell us what each color is.  You also really like to have momma and daddy draw all kinds of things for you.

You are such a social little girl.  You love to play with friends and are always asking about your friends and what they are doing.  You also love our family, and you get so excited anytime they come over to visit or we go to visit them.  It makes me so happy to see your sweet smile when we tell you where we are going or when you run out on the sidewalk to greet family when they arrive.  You also love to play with your cousin, Cade, and will kind of ignore anyone else when he is around.  I hope you never lose your love for others.  It is one of my favorite qualities of yours.

Food and sleep are still two things at which you excel.  You will eat almost anything and especially love fruit and dessert.  We are working on limiting your sweets intake :)  You have really expanded your vegetable repertoire, and your newest addition is tomatoes.  This was a pleasant surprise!  Your ability to sleep through the night regardless of the circumstances has definitely spoiled your daddy and me.  I hope you pass some of that on to your little brother!

My favorite thing that has happened to you in the past three months is that you became a big sister.  You are one great big sister.  You absolutely love your brother.  He is the first person you ask about in the morning, and you love to give him kisses and hugs all day long.  You always want to know exactly where he is, and anytime he cries, you tell him "okay, brother" in a sweet little sympathetic voice.  You have certainly had your moments where you want momma's or daddy's attention when we are taking care of Beckett, but I know that God is shaping your heart to be the perfect oldest sibling for our family.  I cannot wait to see the friendship that will form between you and your brother.  I am blessed to be able to watch that unfold.

Micah, you have become a daddy's girl.  It melts my heart.  You have him wrapped tightly around your little finger, and I don't think he would have it any other way.  We are so thankful for the joy you bring to us and the light you bring to our home.  We cannot imagine life without you because you make it so much better.  I love your spunk and passion for life and pray that you never lose your joy, love, and compassion but use it to serve God and His people all of your life.  Thank you for making me smile and life every single day.  We are so thankful to be your parents, Micah girl!

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma

No comments: