Sunday, September 18, 2011

one month

{Beckett turned one month old on September 16, which was also Chris's birthday!  This letter is only a couple of days late, and the pictures were taken on his actual month birthday.  Hopefully, I will be able to stay on top of these letters each month.  Crossing my fingers!}


Beckett Lucas,


It's hard to believe that I first held you in my arms one month ago.  In that moment, my world was rocked once again.  I instantly loved you the moment I laid eyes on you, and that love has only grown in the past month as I've begun to know the little man you are.

You are such a joy and my sweet little angel baby.  You rarely cry and hardly ever fuss.  The only times you voice your opinion are when you need some help going to sleep or are past ready to eat.  And, even then, you cry for about 10 seconds.  You are so easy to soothe when you cry, and you love to snuggle when you go to sleep.  I love that about you.

You are doing great with your sleeping both during the day and at night.  You sleep at least half an hour between each feeding during the day and always have two really good stretches of sleep.  One of these just happens to generally be during Micah's nap, which is such a gift for your momma.  You sleep pretty well if we put you down but only if you are sound asleep.  If not, you will wake right up and ask to be held again :)  You love to sleep in your swing, and that is where you sleep at night.  You typically sleep one 4-5 hour stretch at night followed by two 3 hour stretches.  Such a blessing that you are an incredible nighttime sleeper, Beckett!  I only swaddle you at night, and it definitely seems to help.

You are an excellent eater, just like your big sister.  We have never had any problems with nursing from the beginning.  You eat about every 2 hours during the day, but I think you are about to start stretching that to 2.5-3 hours.  You have taken a few bottles already with no problem!  You are gaining weight like a champ too, and you already weigh just over 11 pounds.  You are growing out of most of your newborn clothes and are mostly in 0-3 month outfits, and you wear size 1 diapers.
You don't just love your pacifier but will take it to help you fall asleep sometimes during the day.  At night, you never use it to sleep which is nice because we don't have to replace every time you lose it to keep you asleep!  You are a grunter deluxe, Mr. B.  You do this all the time, and I think some of it has to do with how gassy you are.  You have so much gas it's unbelievable.  It never really bothered you at first, but I think it's beginning to cause you a little discomfort.  You have cooed a few times and are trying really hard to give us a smile.  I can't wait!  One funny thing that I want to remember about you right now is how you are losing your hair.  You started losing it at your hairline on your forehead, and it has just slowly crept backwards.  You look like a little old man...a handsome little old man :)

Beckett, you are such a peaceful baby and a precious little boy.  I am just in awe of the gift that is you.  The Lord has blessed your daddy and me abundantly, and we are so thankful for you.  You bring us so much happiness and joy already, and we cannot wait to see your sweet personality continue to develop in the coming months.  We pray for you each night, sweet son, and we pray you will have a heart for Jesus.  I love being your momma.  Happy one month, Beckett Lucas!

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma

1 comment:

lindsey said...

I love this sweet, cuddly little fellow. He has stolen my heart. What a blessing he is to us all :) xox