Tuesday, February 15, 2011

praying God's word


I decided to pray the same verse for two weeks, which is why I didn't post a new scripture for last week.  I was reminded during those two weeks of the ways in which God is CONSTANTLY redeeming my life.  It's not a one time event that He takes away my sins, heals me, and redeems me, but it happens every single day.  I am so thankful for His grace and love for me that He would continue to pursue me each day in spite of myself.  "Praise the Lord, O my soul!"

This week, in light of Valentine's Day, I will be praying and meditating on this verse:
"Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it.  Love makes up for practically anything.  Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless--cheerfully.  Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it."  1 Peter 4:8-9 {The Message}

I have no doubt that the Lord is going to challenge me this week as I pray these words many times each day.  But, I am anxious to see the ways He works on my heart through them.  Blessings on your week!

No comments: